Learning something new and being good at it in no time is always rewarding. It even gets all the more interesting when it comes to making a delicious treat your taste buds can barely wait to have a feel of. In light of this, nothing thrills us more today than sharing some recipes you should prepare to use up that pancake mix on. These recipes will make pancake-making fun – it gets tastier from here.
Recipe #1: Buttermilk pancakes
It’s a yummy affair with a nice slice of buttermilk pancakes. Here’s how to go about making one:
- Granted that you’re using premade pancake mix, measure out two cups into a large bowl and use your fingers to work it.
- Now, get 2 cups of buttermilk into another bowl, add other wet ingredients like 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2 eggs. Add ½ cup of unsalted butter and whisk the mixture.
- You can proceed to turn the wet ingredients into the pancake mix, stirring with a spatula until the batter blends well. But you should allow some small lumps to ensure that your pancake comes out fluffy.
- Heat your non-stick frying pan, turn in a little cooking oil, and then put in a sizeable portion of the batter
- Allow it to cook for about 2 – 4 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the pancake’s top, with the edges becoming brown. From this point on, you should begin to flip the pancake while allowing it to cook. Your pancake should be ready with the bottom becoming light brown. Then you can serve with berries.
Recipe #2: Cinnamon-pumpkin pancakes
This is another sweet pancake delight, and its preparation goes thus:
- Measure out 2 cups of pancake mix into a large bowl, using your fingers to work, and then create a hole right in the center
- Get ½ cup of unsalted butter melted and leave it to cool thereafter.
- Get 4 tablespoons of pumpkin puree,2 cups of buttermilk, 2 eggs, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract into another bowl. Add the now cooled melted unsalted butter, and whisk the mixture.
- Now turn this mixture into the pumpkin mix – down the well created at the center. You should stir with a spatula till the ingredients are blended.
- Use butter to smear the inside of your frying pan and heat [the pan], applying medium heat
- Allow it to cook for about 2 – 4 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the pancake’s top, with the edges becoming brown. From this point on, you should begin to flip the pancake while allowing it to cook.
- Serve the pancake hot with cinnamon-flavored maple syrup sprinkled over it
Recipe #3: Lemon-ricotta pancakes
You can also try out some slices of lemon-ricotta pancake by following these directions:
- Separate the egg white and yolk – from 2 eggs – into 2 different bowls. To the bowl having the yolks, add ¾ cup of ricotta, and ⅓ cup of whole milk, and stir till it gets all creamy
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the bowl having the egg white, and whisk for about 5 minutes
- You should now move on to measure 2 cups of your pancake mix into a large bowl. Add ½ of the ricotta mixture to this pancake mix and stir using a spatula. The other half mixture of ricotta preparation can then be added along with 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and 3 teaspoons of lemon juice. Gently mix the ingredients.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of the egg white mixture and stir. Thereafter, you should gently fold in the egg white mixture that remains.
- Use butter to smear the inside of your frying pan, applying medium-high heat. With the pan heated up, you can add a tablespoon-full pancake batter and cook until bubbles start to form. Then, begin to flip the pancake while cooking continues for 2 more minutes.