A leftover pizza could be the best meal created ever. Sometimes a leftover pizza may get a bad image, but it is a myth. It is totally safe to eat a second day pizza in North Phoenix. Here is how you can properly keep it.
- Let the pizza cool completely
- Get rid of the slices of the pizza from the delivery box and keep them on a plate
- Keep a parchment paper over the pizza slices and layer more pizza slices on top
- For every new layer, you can place another parchment paper layer over the pile
- Once all the slices are brought out from the box, you can saran wrap the entire bundle and keep it in the fridge for 5 day at least.
How to reheat?
Certainly, keeping the pizza properly is only the tip of the iceberg. The next step is to reheat it. Although there are more methods to warm up a slice or two, in order to attain the best pizza slice in melty cheese, crispy crust and the deliciousness. But the best way to do is that to make the most of your toaster oven on the medium heat. In this way, your crust will stay crispy throughout while the toppings and cheese warm up. You can also warm your pizza slices on a good non stick skillet if you have one at a medium low heat. Just ensure to not reheat it too much or your crust may burn before the top gets melted.
If you are using your microwave
You can also microwave your leftover pizza, but this may not be the best option for you. The crust may end up becoming too dry and weird to chew which you may not like it that way.
But if you have no other choice or are in a rush, then this is what you can do:
- Put on a piece of paper towel or parchment on a microwave friendly plate.
- Put a pizza slice on top of the paper.
- Pour some water into the microwave friendly mug and place it on the plate beside the slice of pizza.
- Nuke everything together at medium power at a minute intervals until you get the pizza heated at your desired level. The moisture being released from the mug of water will liven up all the pizza contents and give you better crust texture too!